Laboratory Radioiodine Testing
The NCS radioiodine test facility provides
testing services for new and used adsorbent
samples from nuclear air & gas treatment
systems in accordance with:
Plant Technical Specifications
U.S. NRC Reg. Guide 1.52, All Revisions
RDT M16-1T, All Revisions
ASTM D3803, All Revisions
Over 40 nuclear power plants are currently
specifying NCS laboratory services.
- Test personnel are qualified to
Level III, ANSI N45.2.6.
- Each test engineer has more than 30 years
of radioiodine testing experience.
NCS RADIOACTIVE LICENSE
NCS QUALITY PROGRAM
- Fully audited Q.A. program meeting the requirements
of 10CFR50, appendix B and N45.2.
- NUPIC audited.
NCS LABORATORY EQUIPMENT
- Meets or exceeds recommendations of ASTM
- Primary standard, dual optical dewpoint
hygrometry capable of resolving dewpoint
to ± 0.1C.
- Relative humidity controlled over a 24
hour period to ± 0.3%.
- Test parameters computer monitored (real
time) and analyzed to assure test conditions
maintained throughout test.
- Temperature controlled over a 24 hour period
to ± 0.10C.
TREND ANALYSIS OPTION
- Sample results plotted vs. time, and reported
on addendum to standard test report.
- Normal sample turnaround one to two weeks.
- Emergency sample turnaround within 48 hours
of receipt of sample when necessary.